Thursday, May 14, 2009

Keep the Crazy Confidential

I am a self-admitted overanalyst. Therefore, I may highly consider the ways I am perceived by others. I am generally worried that there are other people like me who are similarly psychoanalyzing my every move. It is one thing to constantly interpret everyone else, it is quite another to realize they are doing it to me.

Then, every once in awhile, I meet a person that disrupts my social bubble to prove that everyone is not like me. Some people really do carry on without the least regard for how their actions may be percieved.

For instance. If I was to send some poetic text message to someone that I was interested in, and never heard back... well, first I would cry, and then I would refuse to contact them ever again. Yes, this has everything to do with ego. My imagination would tell me that my object of affection is totally showing all their friends the message, and they are laughing and everyone is having a good laugh based on my hopelessly romantic feelings. Therefore, I would never contact them again.

But, see, that is just how I would do things.
Others operate differently.
Others do not percieve non-responses as a hint.
Others do not realize that silence is deafening.
Others just keep on going and going and going and going until people like me can't analyze them at all anymore.
Because I don't need to.
Case Analysis Closed: Crazy.

1 comment:

  1. trish, i do this as well. i have tried to stop, for sanity's sake. also, i would be crying and thinking the same thing if i text messaged something like that and got no response.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete